You can't sleep, but can he?

Has this ever happened to you, you have a fight that goes unresolved with husb/SO and at night you can't sleep but he is sound asleep?? lol that is so nice isn't it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• uuugh, doesn't it make you want to kick him in the shin? LOL!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My husband NEVER has trouble sleeping! Ugh! But, he always makes a point to tell me he loves before he drops off, no matter how mad we are at each other. Same with angry phone conveersations.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• This is when you need to do something to him while he's asleep!!! Tickle his nose with your hair & watch him squirm, fart & then fan the covers to where he will have to smell it, etc.! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• lmao Anon I should...but if he wakes up what then? I don't want to talk anymore and he doesn't say shit when I'm angry...he'll sit there and listen and listen and listen lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• See my rule is if I can't sleep, neither can you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Guys tend not to think about things the same way we do. They don't dwell on problems, the lucky bastards!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If he is just listening and listening and listening , then where is the fight. Maybe instead of lecturing your feelings at him which quickly overwhelms men, and puts them in shut down mode, ask more open ended questions. Then listen listen listen. It is worth a try. Unless you get the I don't know, or i haven't thought about that answer. Then go for the shins!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My husband is the one who stresses out and is up for hours, drives him crazy that I am calm enough to sleep. I know it's better to "sleep it off"...otherwise we'll both be up for hours arguing it to death. I am a very, very calm stress-free person, and I know he can't understand that I can sleep. To me, it's like smoking or drinking, I can escape the bad argument by going to sleep.

Once in a while, though, I get too worked up and frustrated and have to hash it all out, or least try to have angry/make-up sex! Then we can both sleep! :)
    tomsbride

Answer by tomsbride at 6:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008