wrong?

so my kids walked away from my moms side of the family over 20ppl wit 1 toy from my dad 1person with 5 toys plus cloths but now mind u i spent well over 50 on each person and my kids father thinks im wrong for being mad that my kids got a bunch of "I O U'S" FOR XMAS!

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• oh ok, so the people who gave your children IOUs brought present for the other children in the family but yours. I understand that this is a little upsetting, especially if you kids see left and right everyone getting several gifts and they have nothing.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:23 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Live and learn. We had this kind of result from hubby's massive family two years in a row - then I stopped buying for all of them but his mom (and dad before he passed away). You are not wrong to be upset, but next year just don't get for everyone.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:18 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• how old are you kids? I not sure if I understand correctly, they got I O U S for Christmas? As far as I understand you wouldnt gov ethat to a kid. So I am guessing you mad at that? Seems wired to me as well.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:17 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• LITTLEBIRDFLY- i have a 1.5 yr old and a 3yr old and they got I O U for xmas from everyone on my moms side and yes i was mad because there kids all the other kids are opening gifts and mine are just sitting there
    premiemom18

Comment by premiemom18 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yeah I dont buy present for the extended family. Maybe they didnt expect it either and gave you the IOU instead....
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2010