Baby doll for a boy?

My almost 3 year old son loves playing house at daycare. He asked me today if Santa will bring him a baby doll for Christmas. They have boy Cabbage Patch Kids, but I don't know...I'm getting a lot of flak from my family about this. What do you think?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 1:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• YES get him a doll. My boy cousins and husband all had a doll growing up and they are fine. Seriously who cares what your family is saying you are the parent it's your choice. My hubby still has his boy cabbage patch he got on Christmas morning :) Now it's our little girls doll. I think it can help teach a boy how to be caring and compationate. My daughter loves dinosaurs and thomas the train but she still puts on her hot pink tutu and jewlry lol
    mom2Bellarose

Answer by mom2Bellarose at 1:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Get him the doll. My son has a few dolls. He loves to kiss, feed and change them like I do to him.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 1:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think that if baby dolls groom girls to be good moms then its the same for boys to be good dads. Both my boys have babies but we do stuffed animals so I dont get the flack b/c stuffed animals are not "girly"
    There are plenty that look like babies. one of my boys has a bear with a baby doll face and it's pretty neat and it's his favorite.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I bought my 3 yr old son the boy cabbage patch to get ready for his baby bro and he loved it. It is good for their imagination, to pretend, there is nothing wrong with boys having dolls....well maybe barbies. lol
    cynthianc

Answer by cynthianc at 2:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• This lady at my husband's work gave my husband these twin baby dolls, one pink one blue. We gave the pink one to my daughter and the blue one to my toddler son, and he loves him so much! Him's a good daddy to the baby :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have three sons..11,3 and 1 and all of them had or has a doll. {11 year old doesn't play with dolls anymore} We also have a kitchen,stroller and cradle for their babies. There is nothing wrong with a boy having a doll. Personally i think it makes the boys like girls nuturers. They are just practicing being daddy and there is nothing wrong with that. It also doesn't mean that they are going to end up being a sissy for playing with dolls. My 11 year old plays football and is far from a sissy...

Don't let family members give you flak about it. Just tell them that he is learning how to be daddy...
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my son loves his sisters dolls and pushing the pram round,it is normal and fine and harmless.they grow up being nuturing dads,brothers and loving partners.i would get him one
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't see anything wrong with boys playing with dolls! I would say get him one. I let my son play with dolls. lol
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 9:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Absolutely get him the doll. There is nothing wrong at all with a boy playing with a freakin doll. For Pete's sake, I will never understand people who have this idea that boys can't play with "girl things and girl can't play with "boy things"...Geez. Ignore your family and get your little boy a doll!.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Get him the doll. As the sweet old story points out - how else will he learn to be a daddy?

Also, there are lots of little boy dolls on the market. Stop by the toy aisle with him and see which type he prefers - an infant doll, a little bit older "toddler" doll, a cloth doll, a plastic one.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2008