My sister wet the bed until she was 13!!~

I think she was just so darn lazy that she would do it. She would be hungry and not eat because she doesnt want to get up. She'll drop trash on the floor, wouldnt brush her teeth, didnt want to bathe because she didnt feel like it. Her pants would be falling and you can clearly see her butt crack and she'll say she just didnt feel like pulling it up. EVEN IN PUBLIC. So all that gave me reason to believe she pee'd in the bed because she didnt feel like getting up.

I would yell at her, get angry and even try to tell her to stop and get up. When my tormenting got bad she eventually stopped. She could have had an issue but when I think how lazy she was I doubt that very much. Is that normal and could something be wrong to make her carry that until she was 13!!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My nephew is 28 and STILL wets the bed on occasion, his Mom..my sister, has a problem with incontinence too..it's a medical issue for them, so it may be for your sis as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• How old is she now???? I dont know why a person would do that......unless they just really cant help it...... I mean when i laugh or sneez i pee a little and it from a droped blater how a 13 year old could have a droped blater I duno........ http://scienceblog.com/cms/one-in-50-teenagers-still-wet-the-bed-10616.html
    If she was sexually abused then i think it is a form of regression.Some also believe it is a sort of detachment from that area because of the abuse.Some also believe that it could even be a passive almost unconscious way of thwarting their molesters....by being "unclean" there "unappealing" so to speak.
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• No> lacyjay that is extreme.. She was never abused and I think my aunt had that same issue..she is in her 40's and still wets the bed on occasion. I read depression can lead to this and she is quite depressed and down alot,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I had a problem with wetting the bed until I was 14 and it definitely wasn't because I was too lazy to get up and use the bathroom.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Definitely sounds like depression. She needs help.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:40 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My sister was 17 when she stopped wetting the bed. She had female issues that caused issues and caused her to wet the bed. At 42 she still does from time to time, usually when she's ovulating. I never belittled her for wetting the bed.
    Anonymous

• I did too but I wasn't lazy. It just happened. I wasn't abused, but I was dealing with my parents having back to back major illnesses. My father had a brain tumor that almost killed him when I was 11 and my mother had a massive stroke when I was 12. Then she died of cancer when I was 14. I think the summer I turned 13 was the last time I wet the bed. Stress can wreak major havoc on a young kid.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• She couldn't control it, that's the way it works AND you yelling at her prob made it so much worse for her.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It could have been that she was just lazy. But yes, it could have been a medical issue. My oldest son is special needs and takes medication for wetting the bed. It helps.
    My nephew wet the bed, but it was because of mental issues, we think. It can run in the family.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010