How you plan your day with babies?

This is for the full time stay at home moms and other sahms too. What are ways you plan out your day with your children, babies, etc. I plan my days and it doesn't usually end up that way. I find rountines good for myself and my young toddlers who are 3.5 yrs old and 18 months old.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 11:07 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• well you cant plan a day with babies.. you can make a plan of what you want to acompish and you might do two things on the list.....your child is the boss when it comes to things you are able to do..... lol.. you want to go outside you have to make sur eit not to hot or to cold.. you want to go a shoping trip yea right.....lol....as far as a
    as far as day plans like meals and naps and all that its still not gonna work ou tlol... thats just the crazy part about being MOM..... GL
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I work part time 4 days a week. When I am home my kids are on a routine so I know when they will be needing what. ( breakfast, lunch, nap...the things I can control.) I know my longest 'complication free' gap is between between breakfast and nap (Plus I know they are crankier in the afternoon). I can go out and get things done and at times we end up eating lunch out. I always pack little snacks to 'hold them up' until we get home when I need to. It just makes it nice knowing meal times and nap times are set.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:12 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• We are totally free range. We tried plpanning things but that was foolish. Sometimes the nap runs long or starts late. Sometimes a diaper explosion puts a second or third bath into the day.

Flexibility is the key!

We have friends we try to visit and play group and church and the farmers market... We always have stuff we can do but it doesnt happen on a schedule.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:31 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• bouncingI don't make a schedule either. I can't keep a routine. LOL

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:44 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• All 5 of my kids have been on a routine. Most experts agree that almost all children thrive on consistency and predictability. My kids range in age from 6 months to 13 years. I know when they eat and when the little ones nap, I plan my day around that. I have a set time every day that I run errands, cook supper, etc. Naps start at a set time. There are days they run a little over, but if they run too late I wake them up or they won't be tired at bedtime.

Answer by missanc at 11:57 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't make a schedule with baby. If there is an appointment, I will feed her before we go, that way she doesn't get hungry in the car. Then we just do what we want. There is no way to plan around a baby. They have their own schedules.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• lol! we kinda have a routine! we eat meals and take naps and bed time the same everyday, other then that its a free for all during the day! but i only have a 10month old dd! if i had more kids im sure it would be very different!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010