• In the Spotlight:

sex is dirty

ok, i have had it drilled into my head that sex is dirty. i alway feel a little guilty afterward.
i feel like when we use protection it is a sin and goes against the whole purpose.
does anyone else struggle with these feelings sometimes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• you should never feel bad about being with the man you married. you faithfully married him and your bodies belong to each other. i used to feel this way but i realized that we got married to each other and hopefully will be together forever. if you feel this way now, it will be a long and sad life together. just remember that God knows that you are married and it is not wrong to enjoy each other.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 10:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No, were you shamed about sex from a teacher figure in your life when you were little?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I know, it's crazy. Sometimes it's been a while, and I get so hot I attack my husband and we have mind-blowing sex. Then afterward I feel like such a whore for my actions.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i was told it was a sin to think sexual thoughts.
    to keep myself modestly covered.
    i told a teacher figure ounce a men was flurting, she asked what was i wearing. look i got passed most of that, i am having a hard time with the guilt of enjoying sex w/out getting pregnant.
    my husband is not controlling he does not even really no i have these issues. i do not really talk about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think you know what you were taught was way extreme. You're married to a good man right? Enjoy the sex you two share (it will take a while to unlearn the stuff you were taught about it being dirty) Its definately not dirty if your having sex with your husband! You will enjoy it when you accept this and relax its ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It isn't dirty. It is the most beautiful thing between married loving people. After try to feel how lucky you are to have a man that you want to share yourself with and who makes you feel that good. It is part of what really joins you together as man and wife. Completely together. Don't feel guilty or dirty that it also feels good physically. Really if it were really only okay for making children why would we even need the parts that feel good that God gave us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If you are a married woman, sex with your husband is not dirty. If you are unmarried, and you have been taught that sex outside marriage is wrong, that's altogether different. There is a guilt that is real and there is a false guilt. I would need to know which one you are dealing with.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• you should talk to hima bout it.
    and if you are married, then its gorgeous and a gift from god if you believe that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• choosing to wait to have children is not wrong....if your not ready, you're just not ready. if your supposed to have a child now, using bc will not stop it.
    Anonymous