daughters room/no bashing please

I'm gonna empty out my daughters room,she says she doesnt care, why would she not care about her room? She is so darn stubborn and her attitude sucks major big time. I have to fight with her to go to church and to get her out of bed,she sleeps in everyday that she hasnt been to school,and she cant go back to school till the second week of february. I wish I had tons of money I would send her too boot camp. I'm also going to take away her makeup,and her facebook and she is gonna spend lots of time in her empty bedroom. I don't know what else to do to make her behave. Why do I have to resort to screaming at her and getting frustrated beyond belief why does she let herself get this negative attention? I know she is being a typical teen but this is too much for me to handle anymore period. MY 3 boys dont give me grief like this they actually get up and get ready for church or get out of bed when I tell them too. I can't do rewards with my daughter because she hasnt earned anything,I've grounded her from no friends because she cant go to school and now I've taken away her facebook which I gave to her as a reward that if she did what she was told to do she could go on. Now I have nothing to use as a reward I'm stuck I don't know what I can do for her. I will be getting some books on how to deal with the behavior but until then I need help and dont know who or what I should do.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 11:21 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would try counseling with her as a Mom/Daughter thing and see if they can suggest anything else.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• How old is she? Is depression a possibility. It can be pretty common in the teenage years with changing hormones combined with peer issues .
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Bad attitudes are just par for the course with teenagers. And "punishment" like that doesn't solve anything.

Have you just talked to her like a person? Just say,"Hey, let's go have a cup of tea and tell me what is going on." because she is your child but she is also a person with complex emotions and ideas. Do you treat her the way you want to be treated?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I really don't have a solution just letting you know we all deal this stuff at some point. Some kids are just harder to raise and understand then others. Some need to make a lot of their own mistakes because that's the only way they learn. I don't know how old how old your DD is but maybe making her do some volunteer work somewhere before she gets her FB back would help her appreciate what she has.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i dont think it will work. how old is she? i was a lot like that as a teen from about 12-15... my mom did a lot of the things you say you are going to do, and it didnt help me. i just had to grow outta it on my own.... im not saying the things she did didnt effect me. xcause i was royally pissed off with a tiny bedroom and no door and nothing in it, and no phone ... but the attitude stayed.... i hope things get better for you
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:27 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• That's a tough one. good luck. i'll bump ya.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think the age of your daughter is key in giving advice here. Also, why isn't she going back to school until the second week of Feb?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:29 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Take away EVERYTHING! She gets food, water and shelter. everyday she behaves to your expectations you give her one thing (maybe 30 min a day of computer time or something you took out of her room) but everyday she doesn't she gets something else taken, unless she hasn't earned anything back , then she is just stuck with nothing for another day. It may take a while but keep at it. And the only time she is allowed to go anywhere is to church or with you if you have to go somewhere (staying home by herself is a privilage she has not yet earned)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I'm going to church be back in awhile.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• HEY... how old is she.....
    I think emptying out her bedroom and no make up no cell no face book no friends no nothing but food and drink will do her well....
    I also think kids bring out negitive attention bc they dont know how to get positive attention. Mybe she feels like she dont have her mom anymore.. kid get that way some time.........i duno why they feel like that.....
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 26, 2010