Silly question but what do you mommy students carry your books in?

I feel silly buying a backpack (at 33 yrs of age!) but a messenger bag may be uncomfortable to lug around. My English class alone has 3 books....
I also have a laptop plus accessories to bring.
So what do you use for school?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 11:44 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in

• backpackI have a backpack and a rolling backpack

Answer by admckenzie at 8:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I have a soft briefcase that I use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I use to carry a large purse. I had a coach hobo bag, a huge nine west bag and a large louis vu. antigua bag and thats all I used. NEVER any backpacks and I was 18-22.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i never realized there was an age limit on back packs. i guess my ego just isn't that large
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• There isnt an age limit some people just feel weird wearing them. Well I know alot of women that feels weird wearing them past the 9th grade. A shoulder bag seems more comfortable and more ladylike to me.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I have a backpack and rolling back pack depending on the day and if I need my laptop on top of all the huge books. BTW, I am 39 and have a backpack. There is no age limit. Backpacks work the best..lots of pockets for supplies, books, lady products, cell phone, etc. I don't even carry a purse with me to school. If you are going to be carrying a lot of books and laptop, I suggest a rolling back...it will save you a lot of shoulder and back pain.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• When I went back to school in my 30s I just used my regular old backpack.

Answer by missanc at 11:54 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i used a big purse and it was fine but it ripped by the time school was done my books were just way too heavy. so now with all the sales i am going to buy a good backpack from like a outdoor store or maybe even a rolling one. i am stil debating about the backpack thing. i used a back pack my first semester but it was one with only one strap and i was 33 when i went back to school.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I used a North Face backpack. I still use it now for hiking & day trips. It's also come in handy for trips to the hospital with my son, as it is sturdy & holds a ton. When I went back to college (I was 31), I didn't care what it "looked" like, I wanted something that was practical, weather-resistant & sturdy, and that's what I got.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• What's so silly about buying and using a backpack at 33 years of age?!?! Backpacks aren't for kids.. they're for anyone! If you ever go to Europe or disneyland or somewhere, you'll even see travelers using backpacks... Just get a backpack!!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 2:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

Next question in
SAT/ACT question

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
belly cast