We're traveling from NJ to FL, I have a 3 year old, do I have to bring a car seat on the plane or does he go on my lap or on the seat. This is my first time flying, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Travel

• I never brought a car seat on the plane. He would sit on your lap if you didnt buy a ticket and he is a lap child and a seat or car seat if you purchased the space on the plane. I alway held on my daughter up until she was 2. After that I bought her seat (well I had to) and made her sit until the seatbelt sign came off and then she was on my lap and just comfortable in her seat and mine.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Will there be a car seat for you to use once you get to Fl? We take ours when we fly because we need it when we get to our destination, but our 3 y/o just sits in her own seat on the plane.
    caseyloo

Answer by caseyloo at 11:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• the safest thing to do is purchase him his own seat and bring a long his carseat to be buckled into....i think most airlines require kids to have thier own seat afte 2 anyways....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with cara124. It is safer to have him in his own seat with car seat.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:52 AM on Dec. 26, 2010

• He can go in his own seat or even in your lap. A car seat would be okay but something extra you would have to lug unless you need it at the other end of trip. Make sure snacks, airlines will not give out blankets anymore so if cold I would bring on, somthing for them to do, a special animal, something like suckers or gum for landing and taking off to help with ears.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Honestly, at age 3 you have to pay for an airline ticket so utilize the seat.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 8:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Like liveyourlife, if she/he looks likke they are 2 or younger, take it. Airlines do not provide car seat because of lthe iability concerns,.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i dont think u need a car seat but check
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010