why do i feel bad?

i just found out im pregnant. i have an almost 8month old son. it wasnt planned it just happend. but i feel bad about being pregnant and i dont know why im married and happy im only 20 yrs old and i feel this will be to much for me to handle since dh will be deployed. and i dont want to cheat my son out of attention. i know i should be happier whats wrong with me?

marine_wife_07

Asked by marine_wife_07 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just remind yourself you have 9 months. Your son will be a year and a half or so before this baby even gets here. He won't be a baby - he'll be be toddling around! You have plenty of time to get used to the idea and get excited.. and your son is going to get lots of one on one love and attention with you. You'll make it Mom!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Nerves, honey. They get almost all of us at some time. Just think: you're creating another beautiful little human! Think of how exciting it will be to give your son a little brother or sister!

If you're still feeling bad in a few weeks (or if you feel TOO bad, if you know what I mean), talk to a professional about it. Your doctor can probably suggest someone for you, and don't worry about being judged, they've seen pregnant women through worse!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Don't feel bad for the way you're feeling right now. In fact I applaud you for being able to think about tyour 8 month old and how it will affect him. At your age and having one kid is stressful enough having a second will only make it harder ecspecially with your DH gone for a year. You're ok for not being excited about it. At least you're able to think it through on this.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• thanx this is really helping me feel a littlle better about it
    marine_wife_07

Answer by marine_wife_07 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I feel bad sometimes, too.
    It has always been just me and my 8 yo daughter until earlier this year when my BF came into our lives. Now I am pregnant.
    Now I feel like this new baby will break our bond somehow and that I am cheating her out of the close relationship we once had ( and always planned on having).
    I sat and cried over it the other night for over an hour. I just love her so much and never want to deprive her or neglect her. They say your heart grows twice as big when you have two kids. I guess I can look forward to that ;)
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I feel the same way when i have my daughter my son will be 30m old and my daughter will be 12m old. im only 19. i feel bad because i really am not ready for her she wasnt planned either. my SO isnt in the marines but he is barely ever around he works a lot.
    My son was 9m when i got pregnant with payton and he was mommas boy but when she was born nothing really changed. you will find a way to balance it all.
    I'm sorry to hear your SO will be deployed. My best friend went through her whole prenancy with out hers because he was in iraq. he came home 3days before their son was born.

GOOD LUCK...
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 9:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2008