Where in the bible does Jesus say that you have to beleive...

that he was murdered for your sins to have everlasting life?

Because I can see in Luke 10:25-37 Jesus gives us The Gospel(the good news) on how to get everlasting life.

No metion of Pagan folklore there, straight and to the point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• He died for us so we can return to him. It was his choice I can't remember the exact scripture but I'm pretty sure it's in luke.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Its never directly stated, though many believe its inferred (I am not one of those many). There are verses people claim make such a condition, though it all comes down to how you interpret/understand the text.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• He hadn't been crucified yet in Luke 10 so the reference doesn't really stand in the question...they were still going by old laws until he died, conquered death, and rose again. that's when the new law was 'enforced' for lack of a better word
    Anonymous

• He says this in the word of God. . in the book of John 14 John 14
    Jesus Comforts His Disciples
    1"Do not let your heart be troubled; [a]believe in God, believe also in Me.2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4"And you know the way where I am going."5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• In the new mirror translation in the book of Romans chapter 10 it says this
    0:8 Faith-righteousness announces that every definition of distance in time, space or hostility has been cancelled. “The Word is near you, it is as close to you as your voice and the conviction of your heart.” We publicly announce this message (because we are convinced that it belongs to every man.)
    10:9 Now your salvation is realised! Your own words echo God’s voice. The masterful act of Jesus forms the words in your mouth, inspired by the conviction in your heart that God indeed raised Him from the dead. (Salvation is not reduced to a recipe, or “sinners prayer” formula, it is the spontaneous inevitable confession of a convinced heart!)
    continued...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• In the NASB it says this Romans 10 8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Luke 10:25-37

Is not talking about the Gospel - it is talking about how the believer should treat his/her enemy.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Luke 10:25-37 Is not talking about the Gospel - it is talking about how the believer should treat his/her enemy.

----

That passage addresses how to attain eternal life, but there are others people reference in relation to this topic too. Most of them are indirect and open to interpretation and some seem to contradict each other (in my opinion). People can read and interpret Bible passages in many ways. I know people who believe that Jesus died for sins, but it was UNCONDITIONAL--you don't have to believe it for it to be true in their opinion. Others think that you have to believe he was the son of God and so forth in order to be saved. It's always a matter of interpretation.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Luke 10:25-38 

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” 27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]” 28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’

**

Christ also states John 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. John 14:15 (John 14) “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. John 14:28 (John 14) You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010