Pain in my ehem. adult content

I have been having a pain in me pubic area, on just the left side (under my left labia). It feels like someone is shoving their knuckle into my pubic bone. I have had this feeling with my other pregnancies, and the doctors have said it was normal. Anyone know what this is cause from? Maybe a strained muscle? And, how can I relieve the discomfort? It is not constant, but it happens frequently, and it has been happening most with this pregnancy.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 12:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It has a lot to do with how you are sitting, and how the baby is positioned. Certain positions put more stress on the nerves and can cause a dull aching pain, or a sharp shooting pain. It is normal you just have to find a way to readjust and direct your weight and the baby's weight differently. Also, it is common for these pains to increase with each pregnancy, just as the pressure in the lower abdomen will become stronger with each pregnancy. I hope you figure out what works for you, they can be very annoying. Also, remember that what works for you today (in re-positioning) might not work tomorrow, so it is all about finding the right position for you and baby to be in that causes the least amount of pressure on surrounding nerves.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i have this. i had my daughter a month ago, and the last few months it started to annoy me and even now. i think its the way i sit on the couch or in a chiar, if i sit on the edge of the couch it hurts, and if i sit wrong in a chair it hurts. try siting in different ways, maybe a pillow under you. it is annoying!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I too had and still sometimes have this issue. My doc said it's from things pulling and stretching and making room for my growing uterus. Like, if I sit on my bed with my legs crossed and do work on my computer, after I get up I'll have that feeling. Or if I sit on the couch and watch tv with my knees bent to my chest, I'll also get this feeling.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am GLAD that I am not the only one!!! It does seem to be how and where I sit, but sometimes it comes out of nowhere.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010