SOULD I GO TO THE ER???

i was in the grocery store w my husband i am 12 weeks and a few days preg and i suddenly got very hot tingly and cold couldnt see and i felt dizy i dont know what to do could something be wrong

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 12:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd just call Labor & Delivery of the hospital and ask them

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• they said they cant tell me to come in or not i just dont know what to do
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Could be low blood pressure, could be low sugar, could be low iron. Make an appointment with your OB and get some tests ran so pin point the issue.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• How do you feel now? If you are better (and I think you are if you are on here), I wouldn't go to the ER. I'd call the doc for an appt tomorrow, drink something (like water) and take it easy today.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Could be low or high blood pressure, or gestational diabetes. They normally don't test for that until about 20-24 weeks, but if you are having these symptoms then I would suggest making an apt. and have some blood work done to test all your levels. It could also be stress, or dehydration or exhaustion, how have you been handling the holidays?

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't go to the ER for that. I would get a glass of juice and lie down and take it easy. Call you OB office, they should have someone on call and get their take on it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would not go but mention it to the doctor at yo next appointment.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i went through that for the first three to four months, i was told by my doctor to have a glass of juice and put your head in between your legs. its either high or low blood sugar. i would call your doctor to let them know whats going on and at your next apt they will look into it more if it is still going on
    new_mom_2011

Answer by new_mom_2011 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Are you dehydrated?
    Undernourished?
    Stressed or anxious?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• IF unsure I would get cheaked out cause I had no clue that anything was wrong but iron count was very low and was put in the hospital for blood transfusions so I tell everyone go get checked if they think something to wrong. Cause you never know what could be wrong and the more you worry that does not help either. YOU need to know if something is wrong or not so you can relax.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010