Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

childcare and work reimebursment?

Hi anybody who has expiernce please answer. I am going through child suppoort. I would like my ex to pay for half of the childcare expenses. I wanted to know if I get a court order for childcare expenses does the provider need to priovide their social secruity number? My friend care takes for our baby but doesn't wnat to claim it on her taxes because her income is fixed. What kind of proof do the courts actually required? thanks!


Asked by momof4303 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (-13 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I havent been through this yet, but possibly receipts or the copy of the checks you write weekly or whatever....there always should be a paper trail, but in the end it might end up falling back on her for not claiming it!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • I haven't been through this either. But I think there is a good possibility that is not going to fly in court. They need to have proof that you are actually paying her for child care services- because the way it stands now, all you have is your word and check stubs to someone that isn't claiming them as income.

    It's worth looking into, but I bet you're going to have to have a licensed daycare in order to have a leg to stand on in court.

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • No I don't think it works that way. I think it has to be a licensed daycare. To them this could just be someone who will just give the money to you. I know that this sucks but people have done it and are doing it. But I hope it all works out for you.

    Answer by LADYA1983 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

Next question in Money & Work
Are you a night owl?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)