Anyone live in Cape Coral, FL?

Just wondering.. My cousin (about 32), lives there with her family and she tells me there aren't many other young families in her town.

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can search for CafeMoms near you here:  http://www.cafemom.com/search/search.php?reset=1

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't live in Cape Coral, but I do live in a coastal town in FL. She's right though, our towns are full of retirees from up north that move down here because it's cheaper and warmer and they spend all their time writing to the editor of the local papers complaining about everything and how it's 'better' up north. They don't think they should pay school taxes because they don't have children in school and they complain if you leave your trash can out more than an hour after the trash collectors come. Seriously though, there are more older people in the coastal FL towns than younger families although Cape Coral isn't as bad as the town I live in. You can look up the median age by towns online. I want to say the average age in Cape Coral is the 40's, where I live the average age is in the 50's. That means that there are way more old people than young people to make the average age so high. Anyways, you can google the stats.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010