I am 18 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and I have not felt the baby move is this normal?

I am really worried about this

ollababy1

Asked by ollababy1 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• how many ultrasounds have you had? i never felt mine until after 18 weeks. actually it was way after my 20 week ultrasound but it was my first. anyways, call the dr. some babies are not as active as others. if the ultrasounds were fine i am sure you are fine but ofcourse if you really feel something is wrong just call the dr. and express your concern.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i was about 20 weeks so u are fine! just give it time! :-) congrats on the new baby!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• With both my girls I felt them move at about 14 weeks. Have you mentioned it to your doctor. When you first begin to feel movement it feels like flutters. I'm sure your remember this with your first child. Maybe your just going to have a very mellow child :)I would just talk to the doctor about it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Completely normal just wait it out..after 22 weeks is when you should be worried.... Talk to your doctor at next visit and he will give you reassurance
    CiaraNicole818

Answer by CiaraNicole818 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Very normal. Nothing to worry about.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Every baby is different. Some move around a lot, others move very little. If you work or are running around during the day, you just might not notice the little movement. They are still small at 18wks. Give him/her time :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Lots of things determine when you feel your baby. Size (you and the baby) or how active the baby is or even the baby's position. You should be able to hear the heartbeat every time you go to the Dr now so just wait it out. You will probably be feeling it any day now.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2010