Has anyone tried the Acai berry/colon cleanse diet? Does it work?

I keep seeing the add and was interested in it. The ad says something like a lady lost 44 lbs in 3 months. Hummmm, I wonder....

cynthianc

Asked by cynthianc at 1:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• this is a very common question, do not waste your money. it is just another weight loss chemical based product jumping on the band wagon of using the Acai name. Acai is one of the most nutrient rich berries ever found in our recent times. HOWEVER  it is also very fragile berry. what most of the companies out there don't mention is that acai loses 95% of all nutrients within 48 hours of harvest. there is only one company that has a patent on processing immediately after harvest, which locks in 100% of the nutrients, and they don't share, and its not the Acai 500 cleanse company. I have researched Acai in depth, if anyone would like more info just send me a message - am happy to share the nutrient value of Acai.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Don't believe the cermercials,they always exagerate or come up with lies to make you believe their product is worth a try.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My dad just tried that other company, I think the one the first responder is talking about (because those are the EXACT claims he read off to me) and he's returning the last bit of his stuff, because it was gross tasting and it didn't do a darn thing for him. He wasn't trying to lose weight, but trying for some other reason this lady he works with said it would help with, nope. Yeah, just checked her page and that's the same stuff.

The only way anyone is going to lose that much weight that fast is to eat very little (balanced though) and to exercise. I lost 50 in 3 months in 7th grade by pretty much starving myself, I didn't up the exercise but I was walking to school and back every day. And it's not very safe to do it that fast without doctor supervision.
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 6:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2008