when should my 3 month old baby should go to bed? HELP!

i really need some help on getting my little guy to sleep longer. He is 3 months an half and sleeps between 4-5 hours daily. we are not sure what is the best time to put him to bed. we have a ritual in which we bathe him, massage, eats and sleeps. he has no problem going to bed but he wakes up usually ar 1, i breastfeed him, sleeps again until 3 , eats, and again at 6 my husband and i are desperate as we are really tired. we have tried to put him in bed at 6, 7, 8 and 9 but n othing seems to work!
thanks

mammacat8888

Asked by mammacat8888 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry at that age its normal! and especially for a breastfed baby! Coffee is ur friend! lol! good luck mama hang in there!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• some babies just arnt ready to sleep through the night honeslty. At that age they still need to eat at night. Not to scare you but my son didnt sleep through the night untill he was nearly a year old. Id just stick with a regular bedtime routine pick a bedtime and stick with it daily. we put our 20month old to bed at 7:30pm and hes been going to bed at that time since he was about 3months old.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Most 3 month old babies still need to be fed at night, especially breastfed babies. I wouldn't expect him to sleep through the night without a feeding until he's at least 5 months old. I have a 20 month old, and we have always put him to bed at 8.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Normal and healthy. Keep up the good work and try to make time to nap with him in the day time.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• 3 months old i would expect it. i would nap with him or even go to bed when he does if you can or alternate who wakes with him. the tough thing about breastfeeding that mama has the goods. do you pump? maybe try that and put it in a bottle this way your husband can feed him too at night time. good luck but don't worry he will sleep through the night eventually. btw i never had enough milk to pump so if that is not an option just hang in there it will pass in time.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thats normal, he will in is own time sleep through the night, Welcome to motherhood!!
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• When mine were really that young, up until about 10 months, I would "top them off" right before I went to bed. So if I put baby down around 8, I would nurse again around 11/11:30. Then s/he would just wake up the once at night, twice if on a growth spurt. Every baby is different, but it might be worth a try.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010