What is happening to me?

I asked a few days ago about canker sores being stressed induced. Now I'm breaking out in a rash, mostly on my arms. It itches and is painful. I haven't used any new soaps, lotions, etc. The only thing I'm doing different is taking B12 and Maalox (generic version) for the canker sores. I'm thinking though that if the rash was an allergic reaction it would be all over and not so isolated to just my arms and now chest area. Can I be doing this to myself? Am I so stressed that I'm causing this? I'm going to try to get into the dr in the morning was just looking for any thoughts on what this could be or if this has happened to anyone.

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 2:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes, you absolutely can be getting that from stress! Definitely get into the doctor. It sounds like hives, and I believe the doctor will give you something for it, possibly for your stress and anxiety level and definitely something for the canker sores. Breathe, relax, deep breaths all the way into your belly, actually feel the earth beneath your feet, maybe lean against a big tree and absorb the strength of it. Everything will work itself out. Nothing is worth having a nervous breakdown over. Take care of yourself and love yourself.
    qtnfluffy

Answer by qtnfluffy at 2:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My mother gets rashes when she is highly stressed so it could be that. But it could also be an allergic reaction to one of the over the counters you are taking. I for example am allergic to Zantac, and get hives.

I usually get allergic reactions on my chest and back, but it can present anywhere.

good thing to go to the doctor and mention your stress as well as everything you have taken.

good luck, ps. try some benadrl for the rash and see if it helps.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Is it only on one side or is it all over.If only on one side and it hurts it could be shingles.You can go to www.webmd.com and look it up.
    wildrose68

Answer by wildrose68 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• my daughter has anxiety and she often causes rashes just on her belly. best of luck to you!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• all good answers, espclly the benadryl--should help right away. As far as the dress goes, just don't scratch!
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 3:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Feel better.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• How long does it usually last? I ask because I have to wear a sleeveless, low cut dress on New Year's Eve and I'd prefer not to look like this. :(
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It's both arms and my upper chest, above my breast (breasts?) Oh, it's making me dumb!! lol
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yeah, I definitely have to get to the doctor. I'm an emotional wreck lately. I'm not a crier and lately EVERYTHING makes me cry and I stress over everything. DH is deployed and I'm worried about him. There's just so much stuff. Usually I handle it pretty well but these last few weeks I've really fallen off. Thank you ladies.
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010