anyone ever hear of this?

My doc is sending me for a ultra sound and he has not examed me yet,he only sent me for prego blood test and said i'm about 7 weeks.why do ultra sound first?this is my 2nd child so this seams a little backwards.ty

momangel05

Asked by momangel05 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• some doctors like to do ultrasounds first so that they know exactly how far along you are
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had an ultrasound before my first exam as well. They date the pregnancy so the doc has as much info as possible. You get to see your baby soon, yay!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• with both my kids i had ultrasound first,its just a precaution some docs like to do first,to see how far along you are and to check baby and you are ok.there fine and you have nothing to worry about.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 2:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Most likely to confirm your dates, since he won't be able to get a heartbeat this early.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2008