Is it bad to want a break from your children, the youngest 1mthold?

I have a 4yr old and a new born, I am exhausted. I need a few hours to breath. Is it bad to feel that way.

beautiful25

Asked by beautiful25 at 2:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• It's not bad to feel that way. You need time to yourself, and if you can, you need to act on it. Is there someone who can take care of the kids while you take care of you? A nap, a bath with a book, or maybe you'd like to go for a walk, time to shop, or spend some time with a friend. It's important not to lose yourself. Taking time to take care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your babies. You will benefit and babies will definately benefit, oh, and your hubby or SO will definately benefit from it. Best wishes!
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• NO WAY!!!! A happy mama is a happy baby!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Nope we all need a break now and then!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Gosh no. Its a necessity. Many moms feel terribly guilty about leaving their young children, but I promise you, you have to go get refreshed so you can be a good mother. My kids are older but I regularly go do things by myself. Get some air and get some rest!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• no its not i have 1yr old and a 3wk old it nice to have me time find somebody to keep an eye ur love ones and go outside and scream u will feel nuch better a happy mom is happy kids =))
    izzybugg13

Answer by izzybugg13 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2008