Addicted

I'm so addicted to soda's. I've tried to stop drinking them but can't. I get a headache when I don't have caffeine. My biggest weight problem is that I drink way to much cokes. Does any one have any advice on how I can stop drinking them?

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 2:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Health

• like smoking...cut down....eventually you will be able to stop..GL
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• try drinking diet sodas....it takes awhile to get used to the taste, but atleast you'll be cutting down on calories and sugar...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I hate to say it, but you're going to have withdrawal symptoms.
    back in the 1970's I went off soda and started drinking water instead. I went through some withdrawals. Caffine is a drug, and like going off most drugs, this can and does happen.

You can either quit cold turkey and ride it out, or you can slow down your soda pace and ween yourself off of soda. If you're really worried about this, please talk to your Dr. They may be able to offer you some ideas that I cannot.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 7:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Try drinking a cup of coffee for your caffeine fix. Not as bad as soda. And it may curb the caffeine withdraw symptoms. Or maybe some tea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• start with maybe a half and half mixture of decaffeinated soda and regular soda, when you are off of the caffeine start on a diet soda mixtture with regular soda and when you get to decaffeinated diet soda you will soon realize you are just drinking brown water!! and then water won't be so hard to tolerate. i have been 'off' soda for about 4 years now, and i was the super big gulp dirinker daily. once you get on just water soda will taste so sweet to you you'll wonder how you ever had it so often. goodluck girl, i know it's hard. like cigarettes! they want buyers to drink it with every meal and all day long.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Withdrawal from caffeine is worse than detox. IMO. I have had withdrawal symptoms from a lot of things and caffeine was the worst. I am not really addicted to the coke but more the carbonation, but I refuse to drink diet because of the artificial sweetner thing, so I drink a lot too. Well, I open about 3 cokes a day, but I generally don't drink but about 1/3 of each one. One coke a day isn't going to hurt, but its ALL I drink. Thats the prob. I wouldn't go cold turkey. How do you feel about diet rite? I hate diet anything, but I did for awhile get used to the orange and the lime one and it helped. I don't think the 20 lbs on me is due to coke drinking though. I think its the sugar binging I do once a month...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• As goofy as it sounds this is what I did....Everytime you have pop, drink DOUBLE the water...Soon you will get sick of this because you will feel really full, and you will start drinking more water....worked for me....Everytime I had a can of Pepsi, I would follow with water. I don't drink ANY pop now...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008