Which is the best pair of running shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I dont think there are A BEST. You need to find what is best for YOU.
    A "good" running store will help you with that. Do NOT just go to a sports store... go to a running store.
    The sales person will ask you to walk barefoot, ask you what level of running you are currently at, and what your goals are. They will suggest some shoes and watch you run in them. If they do not do that... go somewhere else!
    Buy GOOD socks too!

Expect to leave having spent about $100 for shoes and socks.

Remember.... shoes have a shelf life so dont buy shoes that are last years modle because you think your getting a deal. Also dont buy running shoes at places like marshalls, tj max, etc.... they are most likely past their shelf life.

Anonymous

• NEW BALANCE OR REBOK
    dtdori

Answer by dtdori at 3:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• A good running store is essential when purchasing running shoes. DO NOT just go out and get some shoes..you may over-pronate, under pronate or run like me- a neutral runner. I can buy ANY shoes because I am a neutral runner...my husband cannot- he overpronates. We both just got "fitted" again at a running store. We spent $250 between the 2 of us. Good socks will whisk the sweat off of your feet and prevent blisters so those are necessary as well.
    We live in Atlanta so we have about 12 different running stores in this area alone...check your area and see what is out there.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 4:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• it's different for everyone, like the previous posters have indicated. Go to a running shoe store (Fleet Feet is big on the west coast) and get a professional opinion.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i agree it depends on whats best for you x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• New Balance
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2011