Why do bottles have to be warm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They don't HAVE to be. I think it might be a little easier for the baby to digest because it's already close to body temperature...
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 3:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• to stop bad bacteria growing in there tummys and they do get belly ache real bad if its cold.both my kids hated the bottle warm it honestly had to be hot and i mean hot,its weird i no but they got belly ache if it was even slightly warm.i just gave them what they wanted most was a nice hott bottle.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 3:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Have no clue, my kids liked them either room temp or cold. They didn't like the warm ones
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The short answer is they don't. Some babies just prefer it warm or cool. Not refrigerated cold but room temp is just fine.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• They don't. It's easier to digest and burns less energy if it's already room temperature. Too hot is bad too as the body has to cool it. So if baby is having a hard time gaining weight it won't help to have milk that's too hot or too cold in the system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• When my son was in the NICU, they warmed his bottles. Once we got home, he started refusing them if they were warmed. He liked them at room temperature. In the summer months, he preferred them cold. My daughter was the same way.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• They dont have to be, that is your preferance. However you start out giving it to the baby is usually how he or she will like it.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Mine did fine with room temp or cold. My youngest wouldn't drink one at all if it wasn't cold after he was about 4 months. I think that with each child it is different.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 9:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• They don't. If you start them out giving them room temperature bottles they won't know the difference. It does't effect the taste at all, it's generally the parents who think that the bottle needs to be warm in order for their baby to enjoy it!
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm glad that you asked this question. We used to warm up the bottles and then I don't know what happened, but we just stopped. Michael likes them cold and hasn't had any issues with tummy problems or anything. He spits up when I bf him but doesn't when I feed him refridgerated milk. I have often wondered if it was because when he bf's that it is too warm.
    mscottsmom

Answer by mscottsmom at 9:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008