How can I successfully run a group on CM?

I have a "dead" group on CM. How can I make it successful? I do daily posts, have sent invites, tried contest,,,,suggestions,,,,I don't know what to do. Should I close it? Is there anyone that can help me get it going?

qtnfluffy

Asked by qtnfluffy at 2:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Ive been wondering the same thing. But I only have 7 members so who knows. Good Luck and heres a BUMP
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You need to have lots of drama in your post lol..
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Have you visited The group resource center in the red links? Lots of great ideas there. You don't 'need' drama but you do need to have fresh content. You will also need to promote constantly because a group is only as good as it's members. You just need to find a niche and fill it. A great admin team and clear guidelines also helps.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Have posts pertaining to racism, PA, Child Seat Safety, Child Services, FF vs BF, Politics, and Teen Mom.
    Anonymous

• Check out the Group Resource Center. Lots of good information there by those who have been there before.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I left a group that I joined. Was there for awhile and wasn't growing & wasn't very active at all so I left.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 6:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Running a group is hard. Try doing a daily journal post and advertising your group everywhere on CM that you're allowed to. Contact old members and invite them back. Start the inactivity filter and let them know that they will be removed for inactivity. Try a different invitation and set out a lot of them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• Sorry dont have an idea but here is a BUMP!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• I want to try to start a group also
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2010