I'm going through a rough time with my spouse, having problems eating. Any suggestions?

I am physically sick from alot of things gone wrong between me and my husband. I dont want to get into it, but i am feeling very frail and my joints are starting to hurt. This has only been a few days I havent been able to really eat. I force myself to at night for my son but its just not good. Yes I am on antidepressants before you ask, I just started them though so I know it can take a bit for them to kick in.

hoping to get some advice for how to jump this hurdle

babyzionsmama

Asked by babyzionsmama at 3:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Try doing something that makes you happy. If you can, go get your nails or hair done. Do something that is truly JUST for you. It may lift your spirits a bit. Although you're on anti-depressants, maybe a counselor or some type of therapy could help you. Talking about your feelings and getting things off your chest can be a big relief. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm sorry your going threw this stuff. If you want to vent, you can always do it anonymously. If you are breastfeeding you really need to eat more so you can keep your supply up. I know it is tough, when I go into depressed phases (I'm bipolar) I stop eating too. Most anti depressants need to build up in your system before they begin to work. I know it can feel like it is taking forever before they start to work, but hang in there. If you aren't feeling better in about a week or so call your doctor immediately. You might need a medication adjustment. Be sure to tell the doctor every side effect too. Keep in mind that a lot of antidepressants can suppress appetite, you could be experiencing a side effect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Sometimes antidepressents can make your appitite totally disapear! My sister had to force herself to eat for awhile when she was on them. I would call my doctor and find out if this is normal for the medication you are on. If not ask for soemthing different. Also, if you just can't eat because you are so worried...which I myself do get like that...you need to actually force yourself to eat three meals a day. I hate to say it but you need the energy for your body and your mind power. Try talking to the hubby about things. If you have a hard time talking in person, write him a letter. That usually works for me and my hubby. We talk about important things via email. :) Good luck and I hope you feel better..
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 4:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I've been where you are. Try to think of anything that would taste good to you and eat that, even if it is ice cream for breakfast. And try to find someone that you can talk to and with whom you can be honest about what is happening in your marriage. Keeping everything on the inside will make you depressed. Getting it out into the open will bring some degree of healing even if the overall situation does not change. There is always hope and I wish you the best.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It will get better. I just went through it. I stayed up for a couple of days at a time and had no desire to eat at all. Like you, I sat down to dinner "as a family" and had a few bites but was not interested at all. I didn't go on antidepressants because I've been through it before (not with my husband) so I knew...this too shall pass. Hope things get better for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Hey lady, I dont know what you are going thru but I have been thru some of the worst times with my husband and I know how dibilitating emotional stress can be...(just be glad you don't get shingles...that shit SUCKS!)
    But if you ever want to talk and vent to someone who has been thru the my own worst, chatterbox me and I will give you my number....I'm a crier so be prepared to let all hang out...snot included. plus we'll pray for you, Jesus loves you and so do I as a sister in Christ.
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 9:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• **Had to make it 2**....LOL

It takes a while to get over it and maybe your expectation of getting over it quickly, bcause you just want the pain to stop is making you more depressed, you know what I mean? So just take everyday as it comes, wake up thankful your awake, and then after you've had a cup of coffee just verbally start stating the things you are blessed with everyday, breath, sight, hearing, health, your child(ren) the love of your family and friends. Don't dwell on him dwell on your blessing and how can you be upset after that? Also I have a remedy for the eating but we can talk about that if you decide you'd like to... I feel blessed because I am here and have had an oppurtunity to "meet" you. Thank you blessing my life.
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 9:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2008