Has anyone else noticed that the cheap laundry soap works better?

I usually buy All Free and Clear but the last time I shopped I was on a really tight budget and so I bought a box of powder Sun because it was cheap. Ever since I have been using the Sun my clothes have been getting much cleaner in the washer. They smell better when they come out. They feel better when I put them on. And stuff has been coming out of my son's clothes that I would have sworn were ruined.Its like my clothese were not getting clean before and I didn't even know it until now. Anybody else have this experience?

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have.. i just wished it had a stronger smell..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• The Sun brand gives me a rash. I use All free and clear because of the rash I was getting from sun.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I can't even use Tide.
    idaspida

• The Sun hasn't given anyone in my family a rash yet. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I think that the All was just "free and gentle" or whatever that they removed all the really harch cleanser's in it and so it doesn't work that great.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Is Sun brand at the regular grocery stores or do you have to go to a particular store?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I think you can buy it anywhere. I have seen it at Walmart, Foodmax..........
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• All Free & Clear may not clean as well, but I haven't noticed that with my wash. It is the only thing that I can use for my family, otherwise we all get dry skin. That may cost a little more, but it's sure worth it to me, otherwise I would end up using medicated creams, and the saving would be lost anyway.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yeah and same thing with dish soap. i get some at the dollar store, for just one dollar, and it works so much better then the 4 dollar bottle at walmart.
    sunflower1986

Answer by sunflower1986 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• We buy Purex and I love it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i use to buy Gain but had to scrimp a little once so i bought Xtra...its great! i even found a scent that is almost like Gain. i save so much $ on laundry soap now!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2010