mom and mother in law do yours get along?

momangel05

Asked by momangel05 at 3:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• My mother and my MIL don't really know each other. But I know if they had to be around each other, they would not get along. I had a lot of problems with my MIL early on and my mother holds a grudge against her. My MIL still isn't happy, but realizes I am not going anywhere.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think my MIL holds gruges against my mother...but my mom actually doesn't hold any against her and well she woulnd't be friends with her but she isn't mean or nasty to her. They both have a mutual understanding of "we aren't friends but can get along for family's sake" unsaid agreement. I wouldn't count on them going out for coffee anytime soon!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 5:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Oh my gosh, they LOVE each other!!!
    muddysuzi

Answer by muddysuzi at 6:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My mother-in-law was always jealous of my mom. Whenever they were together, the atmosphere was strained. My mom was always gracious and that did help quite a lot. Had she not ignored a lot of "stuff", it could have gotten really ugly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm Blessed...I don't talk to my mom andmy husband doesnt talk to his...it's truly a WIN***WIN!!! LOL
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 9:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My mom and mother in law get along somewhat. For real she will let them come over all the time. At my baby shower I opened the MILs gift and it was a blanket, a shopping cart cover and an outfit. My mom had 3 big boxes. As soon as I started opening it she says to everyone You might as well plan on being here all night...These will be never ending boxes.( in a sarcastic tone) Everyone at my shower just got real quiet. She does nothing for my kids. They have to beg to go to her house,( my neice and nephew can go anytime) But at the same time she gets mad that my mom buys them so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yeah pretty much. They don't see a lot of one another but the times that they are together...its all cool.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• my mom and mother in law didnt meet tiol i was having my daughter in the hospital lmao my boyfriend and i started dating at 19 and 15!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008