do you know anyone that has had an abortion and have cut them out of your life because you are prolife?

or would you cut someone out of your life if you know they have had an abortion or are pregnant and about to get an abortion?
also if you have had an abortion have you lost friendships over it. i know its a private issues so i am not sure if people have told friends or familes.

just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• When I was young I had a friend that was about 10 years older than me and she had a 5 year old. She was going through a divorce and was sleeping with 6 different men. When we asked if she was using protection she laughed and said nope, she didn't like condoms. She got pregnant and got an abortion. She told me all about how she had had two before she got married too.
    It just sickened me that she was so cavalier about the whole thing. I am prochoice, but I am disgusted by abortion. I would never have one, but feel it is not my place to decide for another woman. If she had gotten pregnant on accident I think I could understand, but to use abortion as a birth control really igged me out and I lost too much respect for her to continue being her friend.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Nope, none of my business what they do with their body. Now if we are talking about someone that uses it as a form of birth contol, meaning someone who does it all the time, well... that would probably mean that they weren't someone of character that I would be friends with in the first place.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Ummmm... HUH?! You asked a question and I gave you my opinion. How was I reading into anything?! Sorry next time you ask a question you should have a set of RULES that come with your question, thank you.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Wow, I better not answer this question in fear of being told that I'm doing it wrong. How did she read into anything? Sounds like a touchy subject for ANON. lol
    ssjmsb93

Answer by ssjmsb93 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yeah, I think I will pass on this question as there seem to be some unseen rules that we must follow, how ridiculous.
    3girlmomma

Answer by 3girlmomma at 4:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Passing also - would hate to take the time to express a well-thought-out opinion only to have it not meet the unstated expectations of the Anonymous asker.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 4:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I had a relatie ask me my opinion on abortion and I just said I have none. I think she was going to have one, but I am not sure. She said a friend of hers was pregnant and then when she said the friend's name again it was a different name.
    I am sure she had an abortion, but I can't cut her out of my life for that. She has plans for college and has been recently given a promotion.
    Plus I knowher outlook on woemn with children, she feels they are held behind by motherhood.
    So she would not have made a good Mother at this time.
    I still talk to her, I just don't bring it up.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• sleepingbeautee, i understand what you are saying about having two before and then getting a third. i mean if she was sleeping with 6men and not using protection i wouldn't blame you for not wanting to continue to be her friend.

sharanlee, i just would like to say i did not say they were using it as a form of birth control. please do not read into the question more then what it actually says. thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• uh no.its not a touchy subject for me. i asked if you would not be their friend not that they used it for birth control. dont add stuff to a question. i said it plain and simple. you all are the touchy ones. do you read the actual question? i would suggest to read the question and not add anything to it. i said have you cut anyone out of your life. that is all i wanted to know or if you would. if they were doing it for the first or the 100's it does not matter. plain and simple. you are making the question more then it has to be. well i am closing the question because apprently noone likes to read questions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010