I had a tubal reversal about 4 months ago with no luck of getting pregnant yet. Has anyone had a baby after tubal reversal? How long did it take to get pregnant?

sweetiecg

Asked by sweetiecg at 3:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My cousin has had 2 kids since she had her tubal reversal and had 2 with her tubes tied lol.. it didnt take her long but everyone is different dont get discouraged.. I had thought about getting a tubal reversal if I ever got married again.. will you message me and tell me how I go about that.. the details and if you dont mind how much it costs
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Dr. Lisa Rogers in Jackson TN. done my tubal reversal. The cost was about $3800 and Ins. would not pay for it but I've heard from some people that their ins. will pay.
    sweetiecg

Comment by sweetiecg (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Insurance will never pay for a reversal who ever says it does is lying. When getting your tubes tide they tell you its permanent and even if you do a reversal its a lease likely chance you'll ever conceive but it can still happen but that chances are very small.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Well they gave me a 85% chance of getting pregnant. They did the dye test after they untied my tubes and everything looked really good. The Dr. that done my surgery had a lot of success stories with tubal reversal. So if it's meant to happen it will happen.
    sweetiecg

Comment by sweetiecg (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My cousin had one a year ago. She has gotten pregnant 2x in the past year but both have been tubal pregnancies. Her dr said you only have a 1% chance of getting pregnant.

http://www.parentingweekly.com/parenting_information/tubal_ligation.htm
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• A reversal is not a guarantee to get pregnant. Some women will have a reversal and go on to have 10 kids, some will never be able to conceive. 4 months isn't long for anyone to ttc. If you want a better chance, look into IVF or something.
    Anonymous

• well i dont belive her dr said that because why would you pay all that money for a 1% chance of getting pregnant
    sweetiecg

Comment by sweetiecg (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Dr. Levin in Louisville, KY did mine. It is performed outpatient in an actual hospital so if there are any problems they can be taken care of immediately. It was about $7,ooo but he will follow you and help you until you do conceive at no extra charge! I ended up having one tube removed due to complications from when it was "tied". The other one was only 5 1/2 cm which is quite short. We have to wait for 6 weeks after reversal to ttc but we did conceive the first month out and ended up miscarrying but conceived again the very next month and I have a beautiful miracle daughter who is almost 4. She was born Jan. 8, 2007 and I had the reversal done on Jan. 6, 2006. I was 38 when I had reversal and got pregnant. 39 when she was born. I had to be on progesterone for 4 months to keep pregnancy viable. We conceived and miscarried when my DD was @ 1 but baby had chromosome issues. So we are not trying for another now.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Dr. Levin's success rate is really good!! He has a special microscope he uses to do this delicate work that was tons of money but he specializes in doing reversals. He has an awesome website...check it out. Just google babies by levin. He personally called me about 3 hours after I inquired online about getting the reversal done. That sold me on choosing him. Hang in there and keep trying Sweetiecq. It does take some people longer to conceive.
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I was wrong on the cost of my surgery it was $4500. Sorry!
    sweetiecg

Comment by sweetiecg (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2010