If your husband cheated.......

and you guys are willing to work it out, when a couple of months or years down the line you find out the women he cheated on is pregnant or had his child would you be willing to let that child in your life? Just asking, because I have a sister who is in this situation. And She took them on as her on kids and I think she is a strong woman for what she is doing(even though bm make life miserable for everyone). So what would you guys do?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 3:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• If it happened I would be very hurt.
    And I don't know what i would do, I'd probably leave. Figure things out.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Not the innocent child's fault so I would definitely treat the child with love and kindness. Your sister is doing a great thing:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• WOW! Bumping for her because I could never do it. I couldn't even continue with a relationship with my husband if I found out he cheated.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I can't really say..I mean, now, even with things as amazing as they are, I would say I'd leave and that would be it. It just seems like something I could never face. But, I don't really know how I would handle it if I was actually in that situation.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• YES... it would be horribly cruel not to. I would seriously have issue with the woman who was so damned selfish that she couldnt open her heart to a child that belonged to her husband. YES it would be hard.. but that child is not at fault. The crappy adults who made that child are... the wife is just as innocent as that child.. it should be that innocents that bonds them... neither asked for the situation but they are in it.

Anonymous

• I would allow it to be a gradual thing. I would just run out and say "oh come on in boy/girl and be one with my brood".

I would allow my spouse to build a relationship with his child and then when they are comfortable with one another and things are discussed with the BM and all that then that child could come to my home and we'd go from there.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It takes a very STRONG women to do that.. I wasnt able to be that strong but some women are.. I praise those women..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Wait wait wait, THEM???? Was this twins? Or did he do this more then once??? Twins, yes, IF we were to work it out (which we would not). Got someone else pregnant more then once, hell no. Because we would NOT be working anything out except how many jobs he'd be working to pay me every month!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• he had an affair with this woman for like 12 years, before my sister found out. My niece and nephew are 15 and 11. The woman kids are 14 and 9.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• HOLY CRAP! I have no idea....honestly one part of me says I would want him to have NOTHING to do with them so we could move and pretend this never happened.

Then the other part of me says "what kind of women keeps a man from his chilren?"

Honestly...I would have kicked his ass to the curb as soon as I found out and his dumb ass would be paying child support to two women.
    Anonymous