Maternity Support Belts/Bands

I'd like to hear from those of you who have used support belts/bands during pregnancy. I've heard they can help with posture, relieving back pain, providing support during exercise, etc.

1.) What belt/band did you use?
2.) Why were you using it & did it work well for you?
3.) Has anyone ever heard whether they're helpful for relieving pressure on the pelvic floor during late pregnancy?

MamaSueCongdon

Asked by MamaSueCongdon at 3:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh, darn, I don't remember what brand I used, but I got it from Motherhood. I used it because I wanted the support to my growing belly. I had issues with premature labor with my first child and I was supposed to take it easy with the pregnancy, but i still needed to work. I did a lot of sitting, but it was more comfortable standing with the belt. It worked for me. It did feel a lot better.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't remember the brand. They fitted me at a maternity shop. It was a big help. If I didn't wear it, I got backaches, If I wore it, I didn't.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I had a Bella Band and then I got a support belt from Babies R Us. They only have 1 brand. It rocked! I worked a very demanding job until the day I went into labor. It really helped my back. it helped with the pressure of stretching.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I used the Motherhood brand they sold.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I got the one that they sell at Motherhood. I'm a teacher so I'm on my feet a lot and the belt did help, but every time I went from sitting to standing it would slide around and annoy me. I wore it for a few weeks, but then got tired of having to adjust it all the time so I stopped wearing it.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 11:02 AM on Dec. 27, 2010