best way to lose weight and NOT count calories ?

Ok so i really want to drop about 50lbs...don't really care if it takes a long time i just want to get healthy. I SUCK at counting calories (I always forget or figure it out wrong because if the portion size.) So any advice on a way to lose weight maybe even some healthy recipes would be really helpful! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Weight Watchers is a great program. There are two different ways you can go with it. They also have online. It worked for me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am a excersize fanatic.. The new Video ZUMBA is amazing.. its fun you can dance and you dont even realize you are excersizing..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thanks but I need something that doesn't cost money!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Okay...the best way for you to lose weight is by making a lifestyle change. This will most likely mean counting calories in some way. If you join a site such as sparkpeople.com you can journal your food intake there. Get a food scale..you can get them for about $10 and weigh out your portions- it will ensure that you are getting the correct portion sizes.
    Weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories out. Period. You need to track it somehow- your workouts and intake.
    There are a ton of ways you can exercise without spending money- take up walking, jogging, squats, pushups, pullups, crunches, jumping jacks, etc... I started running last year about this time and I've lost 57 lbs and gotten to my goal weight. I started at 167 lbs and 5'1". I was a size 12. I am now 110 lbs and a size 0. I count my calories and burn daily. I also work out 6 days per week and watch what I eat.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 4:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• water water water no pop no juice.... fresh fruits and vegies lean mea... use a smaller plate to eat off of that way your not getting as much food. exersise get on youtube and look up zumba videos FOR FREE and dance with the people.... or do your own dance to music of your choice.... eat six small meals aday.... drink a big glass of water beofre you eat dont eat after 8pm
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Portion control
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 4:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Simply learn to eat healthier. If you concentrate on getting your 5 servings of Fruits & Veggies, 8-10 glasses of water & switch over to whole grain pastas & breads you'll be amazed how easy the weight comes off! Also make sure you are getting some form of exercise every day... If you have the money, get the "Turbo Jam" workout, I LOVE it! It doesn't take tons of time out of your day, but it works everything in that short time & really works!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• South Beach diet works, and you don't have to count anything. You can pick up a copy of the book at most used book stores.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Ok so i do have one more question...I am gonna be totally honest here I love food and I have no self control lol...I think if I could find some foods that are healthy that TASTE great...any suggestions with that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, easy, family and budget friendly; send me a message if you would like some...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2010