Lately i'm thinking more and more about being with a woman...........am I the only one?

Cathy38

Asked by Cathy38 at 4:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I had always been curious. When I was in college, I had a horrible relationship with a guy and then left him to be with a woman. She and I moved in together immediately and bought a house a year later. I knew shortly thereafter that I really preferred men - but I was in too deep. We ended up being together 15 years - the last 10 we were celibate (my choice). I craved being with a man and would fantasize only about men. We broke up 3 years ago and I've been with a man ever since and happier than ever. This doesn't mean all women feel the way I do. It's just that I found the hard way that I way more prefer a relationship with a man. No longer curious!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• No,If you were the only one,there wouldn't be a need for gay marriages! I think we are all curious to explore lesbianism,some time in our lives because it is forbidden and we like to lust not love?I don't see how you can be in love with another woman,like you can be with a man.To me it's lust and it's wrong.Lust is differenter than love but I've never been a lesbie,so I can't say you don't feel love but it talks about people who lust in the Bible and in there it talks about gays and lesbians.Why would God say we were lusting?Because it is unnatural,unholy and wrong and he doesn't like it.I don't believe women are born to love other women or vs.men and men.It's a choice.Have you had bad relationships with men?If you were in a good relationship with a man and he met all your sexual and affectionate needs,would you still want to be lesbo?I know if you are bad in relationships with men it will be bad with women too.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 5:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think that for women sexuality is less gay or straight and more of a degree of how bisexual you are. I don't think that its wrong. When I married my DH, he knew that I was bicurious at the very least. I haven't acted on those feelings in real life, but i have with a girl i met online. Dh knows and he accepts it. So what i'm saying is no you aren't the only one.
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 7:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I am sure you are not the only one. I think the real question is why you are having these thoughts. Have you been badly disappointed by your husband or did your dad fail to live up to your expectations of him? I truly believe that there is an underlying reason why you think you would prefer an unnatural union over a natural one. I think once you can discern that reason and understand that not all men are like the one who so deeply injured your emotions, you will see your thinking return to the more conventional.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I don't believe that being hurt or disappointed by some man will lead to lesbian thoughts. I think that being curious is normal and natural. And i think that being honest with yourself about your thoughts and feelings is more important than some social or religious norm. Even if you never act on your impulses just acknowledging them makes you feel better.
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 8:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I have always had an attraction for women. We are beautifully made....the desire to close to a woman is normal. (I studied this in college I have a Psyc degree) We are feeling emotional creatures by nature and we need the closeness and the emotional connection that only we feel.
    Sexually, I was with a woman for 6.5 years and let me tell you from that stand point, it is a truely INTENSE emotional journey. It will be like no other you have ever experienced. It's scary actually, because of the emotional aspect.
    If it's just a one night stand then just have fun....but be prepared emotionally.
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 8:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• is this because you enjoy women or because your starting to hate men lol. if its the first...go for it hunny...if its the second, just take a break from men.

ive been with women and the female body is amazing.

oh and know multiple lesbian women who used to be with men but only truend to women cause of being hurt...so yes it does happen
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• youre not alone, i dont think i would act on it but the older i get(i am 38) i think about it, im very courious,i kind get off thinking about doing it,,,but i also would see it as cheating...and in case youre wondering i am completly satisfied with my husband...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i don't think u the only one i was with a gril when i was 14 that was my firsttime i never been with anthor gril since then and I'm 27

milla1981

Answer by milla1981 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No you are not alone. There are millions of women who feel the same way. I say try to explore your feelings. Maybe it is just a fantasy that will never be lived out but at least decipher if it is a passing feeling or something you feel very strongly about. I am BI and I am proud. you can always pm me I am open and non-judgmental....I think people need to be true to themselves before they can be true to anyone else.
    Erikay101

Answer by Erikay101 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2008