My honey got a trip to Paris, France for Christmas... Not really a ? UPDATE

So we had Christmas with the In laws today and my BF recieved a trip to New York and then Paris from his younger brother. I'm soooo happy for him yet totally jealous at the same time. I told him I was going to get a suitcase big enough to put me in so I can go as well. But I told him I'm excited for him and he better take lots of pics. It's quite exciting!!

UPDATE    December 29

So I talked to my BF about how I felt about his trip to Paris.  He completely understood and comforted me and I feel much better.  I too was confussed on why BIL is taking BF to Paris and BF said that it's the place that they have talked about the most since BIL went.  So I'm okay with it now that I talked to him and told him how I feel.  The feelings are still there and won't go away but I feel better about it.

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Travel

• Hmm. It's an odd gift. My husband and I have and continue to travel occasionally without the other. But never somewhere like Paris. He's planning a week long backpacking trip for May. Not something I really want to do. My daughter and I visit my side of the family without him sometimes. So that doesn't bother me. How long have you guys been together? Does his family seem to like you? Maybe his brother just wants some bonding time while there's time and he doesn't have a family to worry about. Though I agree, I would be a little peeved.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• That's fantastic. Tell him you are glad, and though you can tease about the suitcase, don't be jealous or do anything to lessen his happiness about going. What a great bonding trip that will be for the two brothers.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I totally agree with you. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to go to Paris and I'm thrilled for him. The excitment I have for him out weighs the jealousy. LOL
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I say just jump the plane and pretend to be his brother. LOL. I went to cooking school in Paris. Totally worth it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Food and wine is part of the dining experience in Paris, France.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Ok ladies so the more I think about my BF's trip the more NOT ok I am with it. We just moved in together and I wanted to wait til summer but he pushed until I caved and I moved in right before Thanksgiving. I would never have moved when I did had I known he was going to be gone for 5 days. Paris is the romantic city of the world and he's going with his 22 year old SINGLE brother, his WHOLE family knew about the trip and helped plan it. So now I'm wondering if his brother has an alternative motive. I have major trust issues and it's nothing he has done it's all things that have occured in my past that still effect my everyday living. It's not that I'm jealous that he's getting to go to Paris but I'm definately NOT okay with it. I dunno I'm really emotional and maybe that has something to do with it.
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• We've only been together for 4 months but we've known each other and our families for 10 years. His family as far as I know like me. We live on the same land and they are always willing to help if I need them and vise versa. We get along great!! I think that I'm more upset because everyone pushed for me to move in with him over Thanksgiving weekend instead of waiting for summer like I wanted to. Although it was soely MY choice to move when I did everyone was all for it. I just wish I would have been included in knowing before he got the gift. I'm always telling him that he can go hang out with his friends without me because he went from only having himself to worry about to having me and 2 kids, and I always tell him to let me know if it all gets overwhelming. So it's not that I don't want him to go cause I do I just feel betrayed by his family.
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

• how come the ticket wasnt for u too?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure why I didn't get a ticket too. The only thing I can think of is that the guys have always talked about going.
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010