Stuck!

Help I'm stuck in a unhappy marriage with no job and no where to go? What is a woman to do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Take a good look inside and ask yourself: "What is it I want?" And then take a deep breath and do what's necessary to get what you want. GL!

BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Don't stay stuck! Start looking for solutions instead of accepting things as they are now.

Try a counselor, either with your spouse or alone if he won't go. Some counselors have a sliding scale and will charge based on what you can pay. Figure out why you are unhappy and change things.

Get trained or educated so you can get a good job. Start saving whatever money you get and look for other ways to make money. If you are at home with children, babysit, dog walk or whatever else you can do.

No place to go? No family? Again, start saving your money so you can get away.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 5:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If you are that unhappy I suggest start job hunting. Tell your husband you are not happy and want to get a job. Maybe the two of you should talk about what's making you unhappy and go from there.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Why are you unhappy? Are you just bored because you don't have a job? How long have you been unhappy? Has he cheated on you? Is he abusive? What is making you so unhappy? Have you cheated? Definitely talk to your hubby about how you are feeling and the two of you work together to fix it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• you're NEVER stuck...make a plan...start stashing $10/wk or as much as you can so that you'll have something to help you make it at first. get a part time job and add as much as you can to your stash. speak to a lawyer about alimony and child support (usually a free consultation). go to the housing authority and apply for subsidized housing to help you start out. once you have your own address, apply for foodstamps and medicaid for the kids to help until you're on your feet. visit foodpantries to help with cleaning supplies and personal hygiene items. go to audubon and apply for childcare assistance while you work if any of your kids are younger than school age or you will need childcare after school because of your work schedule....the first step is getting a job, even part time...then take it one step at a time.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I'm in the same situation, and the first thing is making a plan/goals to get out. I work, but I don't make nearly enough to afford rent, insurance, utilities, daycare for 2 soon to be 3 kids, etc so I'm trying to find other work on the side or a better paying job with good benefits. Scrimp and save any money that you can. It may not be much but money adds up! It takes time! I don't have high expectations but I have goals and once one gets accomplished, move on to the next. We share a vehicle right now so that makes it hard too. So I'm waiting to have my taxes filed so I can get some wheels and that will be a major goal accomplished. Good luck. Here's to hoping we both get out of our situations sooner rather than later!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• If u have children I can understand How u may feel stuck, But u are not. GL
    Mrsmom09

Answer by Mrsmom09 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010