Are you suppose to take a lot of baths while your pregnant?

Im 27 weeks. I have a cold... steam helps some. I just didnt know if the no bath thing was during just your first trimester or the whole pregnancy? My belly doesn't even go under water that much.

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I took baths up until I went into labor. Just be careful gettin in and out the tub.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Its perfectly fine as long as the water isnt to hot
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 5:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yeah I forgot the water temp
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• What is too hot though really? I mean I like hot baths... but Im not sure if they are too hot?
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I am not sure if you are or not. But I just got over a cold as well 2 days ago and I was contantly in the bath to relax my body plus the water just felt sooooo good. I think that if it isn't too hot it shouldn't hurt the baby. Plus a bath is a more natural and probably better than taking a bunch of medicines. O and I am 29 weeks. and if you are still worried try getting a humidifier. those can help with the congestion, it admits steam and you won't have to take medicine.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 5:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Yeah I am slowly getting over the cold. We got a humidifier but I just don't feel like it helps much... and I refuse to take any medication while I'm pregnant. My doctors gets annoyed with me because I wont take tylenol... Oh well I am not taking any chances.
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I always took baths.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• too hot is when u actually feel your temperature rising and get hot in the bath. u cant burn the baby from the outside LOL its your temperature fluctuating thats dangerous.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• lol I suppose I am a bit blond sometimes. Thanks, that makes sense!
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Instead of taking a bath, just run the shower hot for the steam. Take your baths, sure, but not such a hot bath, definitely not hot enough to steam! Steam yourself seperately from bathing - it's not harmful for the baby if you just run a hot shower and sit by it.
    Anonymous