Kids and a Savings account

Does anyone in Texas know a good place to open a childs savings account? My son got money and a check for Christmas and I want him to open up an account but not sure where so his money does not get eaten up by fees. He only hae a check for 20.00 and 45 cash but he wants one so any help on who offers this would be great!TY

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• None charge fees for kids' accounts that I know of. Just call around or go to the local bank websites and see or call around tomorrow.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Ask your bank, most banks have free accounts for minors. Some have a student accounts, and some have accounts meant for even younger kids. There are no fees, and often they give kids incentives for making deposits. Bring in a social security card, if your child has a driver's license, his birth certificate, and go into the bank with your child to open the account.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thats what I plannes on doing but just wanted to know if anyone knew any off the top of their heads!! Thanks!
    Korysmom96

Comment by Korysmom96 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Call around to different banks, that are close to where you live. All in my area have free accounts for kids.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:26 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• all interest rates are SO low right now you'll basically just be looking for anyplace that will allow smaller deposits to open an actual account. good luck!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010