how to teach my child to be more independent?

My daughter is 1 years old and 5 months and is practically joined to my hip bone.how can I teach her to be more independent while doing house work or when I need to go upstairs for a few minutes she screams like someone is trying to kill her.also I've recently started the pickup put down routine when she goes to sleep but she screams for about 2 hours before she fall asleep as she's been used to feeding by breast and going to sleep.please help me make this transition a pleasent one and not a war zone.THANX IN ADVANCE.

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 7:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• TO ME THIS IS A QUESTION MY SISTER ASKED ME ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO .I JUST TOOK HER LIL GIRL TO MY HOUSE FOR THE WEEKEND .YES SHE CRIED FOR THE FIRST HOUR WONTING HER MOM BUT SHE FINALLY RELIZED I WASNT TAKIN HER BACK UN TILE I WAS READY AND SHE STOPED.BUT AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKENDS OF ME GOING TO GET HER AND MAKING HER STAY WITH ME SHE FINALLY LET HER MOM DO THE HOUSE WORK AND GET OUT OF SIGHT WITHOUT SCREAMING .THE ONLY THING IS REMIND HER EACH TIME U GO TO STEP OUT OF HER SIGHT THAT U WILL BE RIGHT BACK AND GIVE HER A LITTLE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO ....EXAMPLE"MOMMY IS GOIN TO PUT THE CLOTHES IN THE DRYER I WILL BE RIGHT BACK " IF THAT DOSNT WORK TALK TO HER THE HOLE TIME SHE CANT SEE U .IN ALL REALITY IT IS THE FACT THAT SHE THINKS UR GOIN TO LEAVE HER
    prodmotherof4

Answer by prodmotherof4 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• THAT'S WHAT I DO BUT IT DOESN'T WORK AND OTHER THAN THAT I DON'T HAVE SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME WITH HER.MY PARENTS ARE IN SOUTH AFRICA AND MY FIANCEE'S PARENTS DON'T REALLY ACCEPT OUR RELATIONSHIP ND THRERFORE DON'T HELP ME WITH HER.BUT THANX ANYWAY
    greenmaniac

Answer by greenmaniac at 9:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2008