Tell me about one moment that will stick in your mind.

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 5:18 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• We ate at my MIL and I was kind of iffy about going because she is not the cleaniest person I know(me and hubby been together for ten years and I refuse to eat her food. Well before we eat my hubby PawPaw always bless the food. While blessing the food he said "Lord please protect us from this food that may harm our body", before I knew it I bust out laughing. Everyone open their eyes and looked up at me. Lets just say MIL had an attitude for the rest of the evening.

PawPaw never said that in his prayers of all the years that I have known him.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Seeing my father sneakily wipe away a tear while watching "Father of the bride".
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My sister was in a car accident right in front of my house while she was picking me up. I was 18. Our mom wasn't home. She was Medivac to a trauma center that was a 45 minute drive from my house and I was taken to the center by a friend of the family. I became the next of kin and had to make the medical decisions that needed to be made since my mother wasn't there yet.
    I saw the accident happen and for days, I could not sleep because every time I closed my eyes, I saw it happen over and over again.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• 9/11, I will never forget where we where and what we where doing that time that day.

Answer by louise2 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• getting raped
    Anonymous

• Were you talking about Christmas or in general?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• When i was called to the hospital when my dad was dying. It was hard going into the room and standing by his bedside watching him fade away. Just laying there with his eyes closed and breathing with his mouth open in such a weird manner, it was awful seeing him like that. He was peaceful tho, not in pain, he looked like he was just sleeping. That is the hardest thing i ever had to do.
    Also i had a 4 wheeler accident one time, flipped that 4 wheeler back on top of me and it broke my arm, i will never forget that image.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2010