teething

my daughter is old enough to teethe. She is at the age that her father was when he got his first teeth, but how can I tell if she is in the earlty stages of teething?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different. Some children let you know when they are in pain by rubbing their ears. They might cry when they put something firm in their mouth and bite down on it. They can have a blood blister or a white spot (like when you press down on your skin and it leave a white mark until the blood comes back to that spot) on their gum where the tooth is working on coming through. They can be like DessaG20 said. Some children get fevers, vomit and/or get a runny nose.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• There's no way of really telling. My mom said she never even knew i was teething all of a sudden one day i just had a tooth. All babies are different. You might end up being a lucky mom. =)
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008