what are good places to have a party for a 1 year old? i do not want to do it the house.

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can have it anywhere. They'll have no memory of it. 1st birthdays are for everyone else
    Depends on what time of year we're talking

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I always had birthday parties at my home. Depending on the time of year and weather you could always go to the park or maybe someone in the family would like to volunteer their home :) first birthday parties are fun...I always enjoy the cake eating. My 3 year old cried when I tried to make a mess of her, but my one year old dug in :) clean up afterwards sucks so I would recommend buying the plastic cover that you put under the hugh chair and an outfit you don't mind getting messy :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• High chair. My finger are typing faster than my brain is working today :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Most of my kids birthdays have been at my mom's house (she has more room and is more centrally located). Depending on the time of year and the people you are going to invite you could do the party at a park or Zoo, at a kid-friendly restaurant (McDonalds with playland, chuck E Cheese, Pizza Hut) or a restaurant with a private room for your party.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• someones house :) I know you said you didn't want it at home, but at 1 they really don't have the attention span and can get overwhelmed very easily. At home with family is the best. At that age, the more simple the better, for the childs sake.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:33 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I agree with the first poster.... the baby will NOT remember this... it is for YOU and hubby... so do what ever it is you want to do.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• How about a children's museum?
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 8:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• i did my daughters 1st at a park. we rented a pavillion right by the playground so the kids could play. we bought hamburger and hot dogs and cooked on the grill.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010