How can I get my 5 month old on a better schedule?

After introducing cereals twice a day, he only nurses 2 times during the afternoon and is waking 2 times in the middle of the night to eat. I don't know where else to fit in the feedings during the day without feeling like I am overstuffing him, or waking him from naps. I also feel that 4 feedings (outside of the cereal) is the minimum he should be eating in a 24 hour period. I sure would like to get some better sleep though. . .any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was 5 months old he was getting a bottle 6 times in 24 hrs. and cereal 2 times a day, he is growing fine and is not over weight. (he took two naps during the day and went to bed @10pm and slept through the night)
    He got a bottle @ 6am
    cereal & bottle @9am
    bottle @noon
    bottle @3pm
    bottle & cereal @ 7pm
    bottle @ 10pm (last feeding and off to bed)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• PP: Thats about what my schedule was when my kids at about 5 months.

OP: You just have to get him on a feeding schedule that suits you both and then a nap schedule.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2008