I'm SO upset! Why do 20 year olds

have to test everything you say?????????

My ds has a 95 Honda Civic and went out in the blizzard about 20 minutes ago. He's stuck and he called ME! What am I supposed to do about it? I told him the governor said stay off the road. He said he'd be home early. He said "what should I do?" And I told him to use his emergency stuff I told him to carry and shovel himself out or call AAA. dammmmmm. Now my stomach is in a knot!!!!

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Some kids are just stuborn that way. Hey look on the bright side - it was just him getting stuck and not an accident. Maybe this will be a good life lesson for him. I do think HE needs to work it out... he can call AAA and deal with it all... it is a good lesson.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• He has to learn! Make him figure it out! I know I'm only 24, but I always listen to my mom.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Then when he gets home I guess you have the right to tell him "I told you so" haha :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Wow, sounds like my son.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 6:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Lesson learned Mom. Boys!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Sometime, they just think they know it all, I sure did. Then, you learn you know alot, but, maybe not everything.
    dustbunni

Answer by dustbunni at 7:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Thank you ladies! He's home. He says he learned his lesson. He didn't even bring the shovel with him, like I told him. Sheeeesssshhhhh!!!!

Esp to Amber: you listen to your mom because you are a girl, lol....boys...."sheeeeessssshhhhhhh". Thanks!!!!!
    kjrn79

Comment by kjrn79 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Glad he's home safely!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I don't that it's just 20yo's or boys. I have a 19yo, a 20yo, a 22yo and a 24yo and the older 2 (both girls) are more stubborn than the younger 2 (both boys). The 19 and 20yos listen to us, the 23 and 24yos think they know everything and always have.
    Anonymous

• He certainly can't expect you to go out in this storm and rescue him. A tough lesson and hopefully he'll be ok. Then think twice next time.
    My daughter's bf is driving from Que to NB right now and likely will not pull over and stay at a hotel because he will think he's so close!
    starflower57

Answer by starflower57 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2010