When do i start feeding my daughter stage 2 baby food?

My daughter is 6 months old and i was wondering when would i need to start feeding her the stage 2 baby food. I am a new mom so every thing that is happening is very new to me and my husband

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry about the "stages" so much as what she can safely eat. At 6 months she might eat cereal and fruit and veggie purees.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You don't NEED to do it at any point. You can now, or you can wait, or you can just feed her most of what you eat, steamed or baked soft and cut small, or pureed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Don't worry to much about it, she is ready for stage 2 now or you can wait until she is eating more. If she eats more then one jar of stage 1 then she is ready for stage 2.
    jen.kess

Answer by jen.kess at 9:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Aside from the combo foods, stage 2 is just a larger jar of stage one. Make sure your baby has had all of the foods seperately with no allergic reactions before moving on to the combo foods.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 10:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Babies don't need baby food. They can feed themselves fork mashed regular food like banana and sweet potato.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010