Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maintance guy stole my pain medicine..

I confront him he lied to my face and then I reported him to management and ofcourse they don't care. I have had nothing but problems since the new maintance guy started working here. HE has hooked up our electrical wiring incorrectly, he installs things wrong and when there is a true emergancy he is out for the day for "back pain"..I have paid my rent on time , I have never given any trouble and because I reported the that he stole my medicine they said<" if the complaints don't stop I will have to move.. " WTF is up with that pretty much let this douch bag contniue to f stuff up and not report it. Since he started working here we have had 10 people move out of here cause of the same things and they don't see that as a problem.

How i know he took my medicine is I just picked the bottle up from the pharmacy and placed it on my tv. Myhubsnad and i are the only ones that live in our house besides I 3 small children. The maintance man came to fix the sink in our bathroom he had to go through our room and past the tV to get to the bathroom. The medicine bottle was full to the top but when I came home the bottle was below the label. I immeditaly called the main office and told manager about it and all shesaid was she can't ask him cause it was wrong.. I called the main managmnet and they told me I have no proof and there is no reason to doubt her employee's becasue the manager said she was here in my home when the maintance man came to fix my sink. That is a lie cause whycouldn't she tell me that and also my neighbors said he was the only that came to my house.. WHat should I do? I can't move cause I just had a baby and it will be too much on my body. Isn't there something legal that can be done to this company? We haven't done anything wrong but complained when things have been fixed incorrectly in our home. Stuff that could be dangerous bad wiring done on electrical outlets that could have cause a fire if my husbadn didn't fix it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

Answers (5)
  • I wouldn't allow that man in my house or if you have no choice follow him around or have your dh follow him,

    Answer by christinato at 6:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • I would set up a hidden camera, set out a full bottle of meds & try to catch him red-handed & then threaten to sue them if they don't get a new manager. Or just call the cops & show them the video & press charges if you feel like it.

    You're definitely going to have to get some kind of proof though....

    Answer by samurai_chica at 6:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • Yeah I would just move.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

  • Are you sure one of your 3 kids didn't open the bottle and spill them?! Why do you leave medication sitting on top of the TV with little ones running about?

    Answer by LoriKeet at 11:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2010

  • my children weren't in my bedroom and they don't climb up on the tv. The medicine bottle have a wonderful safety feature which they can't open the lids if they got to it. If they had knocked it over it wouldn't have opened. Now lets think logically LORIKEET honestly be smart for one second and think about it.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.