Would you donate the coat?

For Christmas my husband received a coat that is way to big. We were told if we wanted to we could return it and get a smaller size but we just realized that we don't have a Macy's so we can't. And he doesn't really NEED a coat. I would love to donate it to the Hope Center down the street but my sister needs a coat really bad and she is planning to go there tomorrow and see if they will give her a ladies coat. Would it be wrong to have her take the coat and give it to her to them when she goes? She would have no problem wearing the one we have but its to big for her as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I can see where that would be odd. Maybe if you were to go with her, and turn in the coat, and ask for one for your sister. That way it may not look like she took it or something. That or maybe save the coat, let your sister go get one, and do some winter cleaning, bag up clothes that don't fit/out of style, and get it all done at once.
    dustbunni

Answer by dustbunni at 7:09 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Charity begins at home! If no one in your family needs/wants it then I would donate it. However, as for Macy's did you call their website 800 number to see if you can mail it back for store credit, so your husband can pick out something he needs? Just a thought.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• As long as she isnt the one who bought the coat there is nothing wrong with her taking it there.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• My sister lives with us btw.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• It just seems wrong to be taking a brand new name brand $70 coat to donate and asking if we can have a ladies coat. But I also think of someone who might need it badly and its sitting in our closet getting dusty.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I would take the coat at different time, not send it with your sister.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I'd have her take it in and hand it over at same time she asks for one ot fit herself.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 11:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2010