learning to crawl

My 3 month old daughter gets so angry to be on her stomach. She hates that she cant move her legs. She can lift her head 90 degrees up and lift her whole chest but she really wants to crawl. Is there any way I can help her to learn?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• My daughter hated being on her stomach at 3 months too. Now she is 5 months old and she is much more comfortable to be on her tummy. Just give her short amounts of tummy time everyday and as she gets older the time she will spend on her tummy wihout fussing will gradually get longer.
    I dont think at 3 months you can help her learn to crawl - her muscles arent developed enough yet.
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My oldest hated tummy time as well. I used to lay down with him on my chest, talk to him, show him toys etc. He liked that better, and it was a lot less stressful for him and me. You can start by propping yourself up on pillows, a recliner, etc. if that helps.

Oh, and she's probably just mad to be on her tummy. I have never heard of a baby crawling before 6 months or so. :) My kids didn't crawl til they were closer to 8 or 9 months.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2008