Emancipation and legally moving out laws for Florida. Also advice please..

anyone know the laws for it or where i can find them?
things are kinda bad at home. my dad and i are constantly fighting and my mom just sits there and later yells at me. ive been verbally abused, threatened, grabbed, kicked out 3times by my dad and im just sick of it. if he cant control me, he makes my life hell. i was pregnant unfortunately i miscarried. im 16. i have a bf and he says i can live with him but i think it wouldnt be good for our relationship right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• First of all, you need the police involved if you have been abused. I do agree that moving in with your boyfriend is not a good idea. The best place to start is by asking a lawyer about emancipation laws.
    joanilene

Answer by joanilene at 7:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Dear, you need to tell someone at school. They have programs and ways to help children and teens that are not in good sisuations. Emancipation is ok, and a very good idea, but I think your parents have to agree to it, and its a long process. Next time you go to school, talk with a teacher, explain what is going on at home, and they can send you to the right people. If you can't wait til then, then I would call Boystown National Hotline or something like that.
    dustbunni

Answer by dustbunni at 7:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• In order to be an emancipated minor, you need to prove that you can support yourself financially.
    Please talk to a school counselor, favorite teacher, or other trusted adult.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• everyone at my school knows my dad and i dont want him to know until i make a complete decision on this. plus im scared he wont allow me to leave cause theb he wont have control over me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2010