sore throat for almost 2 months now

I have had a sore throat for almost 2 months now. It started november 5th or somewhere around there. I first went to a doctor and even though the culture was negative he prescribed me z pack anyway because my sinuses were inflamed. Now almost a month later the sore throat is still here. I will get all happy because it will go away for a day or two but come back. I would think if it was any kind of bacteria then why didn't the z pack kill it? zpack is suppose to kill pretty much anything its like a broad spectrum antibiotic. I cannot get another appointment with him right now hes on vacation so im thinking about going to an urgicare center but only for them to write another script and let me on my way. Anyone else have a sore throat for this long?

Crystal8327

Asked by Crystal8327 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2010 in Health

• Did you get checked for strep throught.

Answer by louise2 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• yes negative that was then i am thinking i had one viral infection and now its bacteria. its driving me nuts.
    Crystal8327

Comment by Crystal8327 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• also my son and boyfriend are fine. Kissing and all so if it was strep wouldnt we all have it. Its just me for some reason =(
    Crystal8327

Comment by Crystal8327 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You sinuses are draining in the back of your throat, making it sore. That happens to me a lot. Take some sudafed.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• You may have allergies & like louise2 said, your throat is sore as a side effect.

Do you get heartburn? If you do, your sore throat might be due to acid reflux. I only mention it because I have bad sinus problems & thought my sore throat was because of drainage. But it turned out I have some acid reflux and the sore throat is gone now that I take acid reducer daily.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• I never really made the connection. I do get stomach aches and even occasional small ulcers at times. I can tell when i have an ulcer by a distinct taste in my mouth. I will get another throat culture to rule anything out but i may need to see a specialist after. I am not taking a heavy round of antibiotics again for no reason if anything it just screwed my stomach up for days.
    Crystal8327

Comment by Crystal8327 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• Talk to your doctor about it if you think it's acid reflux. I know my mom gets it and she's supposed to get her throat biopsied every once in a while. I guess you'd be more prone to throat cancer.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:16 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• allergies give me a long term sore throat
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2010

• ahh don't say the word cancer. I already have to worry about uterine cancer that is genetic on my moms side.
    Crystal8327

Comment by Crystal8327 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2010